Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
More Core content previews, this time it's the ground vegetation that will help bring the airport environments to life. Created using dedicated digital photography and maximising on-screen detail using HDX technology, to bring the most realistic vegetation to flight simming.

Using a new method to dynamically simulate grass variations in height, density and colour to create amazingly realistic fields and airport grasses. Many types of weed and ground plants are also featured which will bring to life the wet drainage ditches along side taxi ways etc.

These screenshots are direct and unedited from FSX.

[1] 
[2] 
[3] 

[4] 

[5] 

[6] 

[7] 

[8] 

[9]    

Director
Site Administrator

moonman_3rd

Reply with quote  #2 
This is stunning Russ!
Looking absolutely real!
Fantastic work!
Thank You very much for sharing this beautiful latest preview screenshots!

Reply with quote  #3 
That look bloomin' lovely! >[redface]
bstikkel

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Russ,

This looks very good indeed.

1. Some questions. Will this beautifull addon have season depending depiction ?

2. Can you tell something about the impact on the framerates ?

3. Will this nature be a replacement for the all default FSX tree-textures or will this addon provide new objects that can be used in homebuilt sceneries ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Greetings,
Bram Stikkel
hhelikopter

Reply with quote  #5 
Ezek meg fantasztikus! [smile]

Alig várom, hogy több.
Jerdoo

Reply with quote  #6 
Looks amazing Russ
Core i7 4770K OC @ 4.6Ghz | Corsair Hydro Series H100i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866Mhz OC | 512GB SSD | 1TB HDD | MSI GTX 760 TF 2GD5/OC 2GB | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide 500R
Urbanchina0809

Reply with quote  #7 
Almost wet myself when I saw these shots! 

[acb] 
MikeT707

Reply with quote  #8 
AAA  AAAAA  AAAAAAAACHOOOOO!!!  

Wow, those are very realistic.
PWJT8D

Reply with quote  #9 
That is truly fantastic! I just hope the time in my life to be able to afford a Titan will come before the release of MBS!
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for the feedback [smile]

To answer some questions...

1- yes, the grasses, plants and tree's will depict seasonal differences.

2- performance impact at this stage is completely un-noticable in this test area, but is likely to have some impact when up scaled to cover the whole airport area, so there will be a density control option for those with slower systems.

3- no, this is not a 'global' solution, and it will not be usable in home built scenes. This is because the grass and plants and trees are not library items, they are bespoke vegetation that will only 'fit' the airport they were designed for.

The idea of this vegetation is to make the airport environment as realistic as possible when taxi-ing, landing or taking off. It is also very useful for helicopter enthusiasts, as the extra ground detail provides a very realistic landing experience, i will post a video of this shortly.

Director
Site Administrator

bstikkel

Reply with quote  #11 
Hello Russ,

Thanks for the answers. 1 and 2 are absolutely clear to me. Really great that there will be seasonal difference. Please do not work with a season change tool but let it be automatic seasonchanges. I think those manual seasonchange addons are not practical.

Pont 3 is not clear to me.  If it is no global vegetation (generally being texture replacements) and no objects for sceneries, then what kind of product is it ?
Do you want to come out with own complete airfields with this beautiful nature or do you want to sell it to other commercial developers and will it not be a product for the normal FS 'consumer' ?
Can you explane some more about this, please ?

Kind regards,
Bram Stikkel

Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, making things change automatically with the seasons is not a functionality that FSX includes, some developers (such as Orbx) have found a way to make it possible by hiring a coder to create specific 3rd party modulles that interact with FSX in real time, which makes 'automatic' changes possible. I am not a coder, and dont know anyone who could provide this functionality for WDS products, so at this stage seasonal changes will be via manual control panel options.

Point 3, means the vegetation will be part of each WDS airport and placed as large objects with it's dispersal being unique to the layout of each airport. It is not intended to be a seperate product, it is a component of the Core content for WDS airports.

Director
Site Administrator

Tino

Reply with quote  #13 
This is starting to look awesome. Can't wait to see this implemented with the airports!

Keep up the great work Russ.

Cheers, [smile]
bstikkel

Reply with quote  #14 
Clear, Russ. Thanks !

By the way. I would think it great, if you could create some beautifull green jungle strips in between the bigger airfields.
There actually are hardly real beautifull ones.

Greetings,
Bram
psykie

Reply with quote  #15 
I like how you attend to detail, Great Job.  Glad I found you on AirDailyX.  I'm definitely a new customer of yours. 

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
Book

Reply with quote  #16 
When I could download it?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks for your interest. This is part of the upcoming KMBS airport which is still in development and therefore not available to buy yet.

Director
Site Administrator

dolf8857

Reply with quote  #18 
Looks SO unbelievable nice!

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!