Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
Another quick development video, this time no longer a tech demo but a preview flight around a completed area of the KMBS scenery package. Focusing on the abandoned runway and taxi-ways that formed the original airport in the 1940's, now crumbling away and over-grown, it's a perfect playground for helicopter antics or bush flying.

[1]

[2]   

Director
Site Administrator

Jerdoo

Reply with quote  #2 
As always Russ ... I'm impressed by the intense high quality you deliver and I'm looking forward to this one!
Core i7 4770K OC @ 4.6Ghz | Corsair Hydro Series H100i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866Mhz OC | 512GB SSD | 1TB HDD | MSI GTX 760 TF 2GD5/OC 2GB | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide 500R
pipeorgan

Reply with quote  #3 
Excellent demo, can't wait for the release, hopefully in early 2015[smile]
PWJT8D

Reply with quote  #4 
Brilliant work! With MBS and SunSkyJet's DTW on the horizon, it's a great time to be a Michigander. Keep up the wonderful job your doing. 
kevinfirth

Reply with quote  #5 
Looks like excellent scenery, Please do some in the UK!
Max Pilot

Reply with quote  #6 
Very cool!!!!

Best regards, MAX

Manfred Jahn

Reply with quote  #7 
I don't usually get overexcited by scenery, but this I would gladly buy for the disused strip alone, and put it somewhere in the wilderness, and do all my flying from there.
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for your comments.

As for UK developments, I wont say it wont happen, but if it does happen then it wont be for some time as I have a full development roadmap for North America. I did develop 3 UK airports for Orbx (EGML, EGTR, EGSG) and none of them sold well, so I'm very cautious about returning to any UK developments.

Director
Site Administrator

LorenzoMarcello.Brunazzo

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Russ! I'm a new member of this forum! Your works are awesome and i can't wait for KMBS. Can you just imagine when KMBS can be done and released? Thank you for your answer.
harry250

Reply with quote  #10 
hello

I just bought 3 of your orbx uk sceneries in the xmas  sales 

did anyone else as they were good value at $10 AUD each ?? from fss 

I like your helicopter ezdok shake effect shown in the vid

would you be able to send me the .vib file 

or post / paste the settings values in this thread

so I can give it a try

thanks

Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Lorenzo, This project has been a huge undertaking with many new techniques and technologies which have taken far longer to R&D than I first anticipated, but I am aiming for a first quarter 2015 release.

Hi Harry, the shake effect you see in the video was the result of me tinkering with the EZCA settings, but I do not know where the associated .vib file is stored?

By the way I have removed your email address from your post, to protect it from becoming a possible spam target. I can view your email privately from your profile as Admin if I need to send you anything [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

LorenzoMarcello.Brunazzo

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you very much for your answer! can't wait for this scenery. Love to fly to and from little airports with like this, far from the big cities, but with airplanes like Airbus and Boeing. I'll be your first sale![smile]
Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #13 
Can't wait to get my hands on this! How large is the coverage area? And if Orbx were to make a region covering this area, would this be compatible?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Happy! thanks for your interest, you ask a good question, i'll make a new post showing the coverage area of the KMBS package. As for Orbx compatibility, KMBS is already compatible with Orbx Global, but if they release a region that covers this area of the US in the future, and the colour palate is noticeably different from the current Global colour palate, then I would work on an update to KMBS to add compatibility.

**EDIT**
The coverage map showing the extent of this scenery is now available to see here

Director
Site Administrator

Yannlafo

Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Russ, nice job, great realism... If you continue to do job in north america, please think Saint-Pierre and miquelon, the forget airports in this area LFVP-LFVM, cheers

harry250

Reply with quote  #16 
to find your .vib file

just right click the RND botton  -this opens the editing generators page

then click file open

full import effect

this should show your last saved heli .vib file

if you did
exported it / save it  when you first created the effect ??

or maybe if its still active / loading when you load that r66  you could export / save it now then find it to send to me

would really appreciate you could do this for me

thanks
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #17 
I have attached my virtual cockpit EZdok shake file below, for anyone to download and use. This will give you the same helicopter vibration effect in the cockpit as seen in the video at the top of this thread.

**Disclaimer**
This file contains configuration settings for the EZdok camera utility for FSX available from Flight1 software. This file is provided 'as is' with no support and is used at your own risk.

Download File

Director
Site Administrator

harry250

Reply with quote  #18 
thanks

harry250

Reply with quote  #19 
I look forward to purchasing more of your sceneries
harry250

Reply with quote  #20 
really appreciate you doing that download link

have you got any other virtual cockpit .vib files for

these type of AIRCRAFT ??

Small single prop GA type Aircraft  c172  c182 etc
medium sise turbo prop aircraft     jetstream
Large multi engine Aircraft            737 / A320

if so I would be interested in sending you some money via paypal for these

say $10 - $15

or maybe you could do an extra zip file in your next scenery release with these extra files  so can purchase your scenery and test the shake files out as well???

let me know again please

Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #21 
I have no other custom camera's, and I wont be doing any requests. I played around with this helicopter shake a while back, but it does not take very long to get a nice effect if you tweak the RND settings and test between edits.

Director
Site Administrator

dolf8857

Reply with quote  #22 
Real nice !

Reply with quote  #23 
Wow, i'm really impressed

Instant buy for me [smile] You are really talented
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!