Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
The last couple of months have been spent creating and placing all the scenery surrounding MBS International airport. All scenery items have been created from scratch, using the new HDX technology to ensure the most believable and immersive flight experience possible.

the Photo-real ground textures are the newest available for this area, taken at the end of 2013 by orbiting imaging satellite 'Pleiades' at a resolution of 60cm per pixel. After purchasing this imagery, It was heavily edited to remove all buildings, vehicles and artefacts. All custom buildings and objects were then placed onto the photo-real ground textures with corresponding shadows added. This results in a perfectly clean 'look' to the scenery. A hugely time consuming process with over 1000 individually created and hand placed buildings.

The tree's use a newly created WDS technology for hugely dense and realistic placement, but also with unlimited variations of each variety based on scale and rotation along every axis. This means tree's can lean in any direction and can also be non uniformly scaled, presenting larger variation than is possible with normal autogen.

MBS International is surrounded by huge flat expanses of farmland, so particular attention has been paid to creating authentic agricultural buildings as found in this area of Michigan.  

The aim is to create not only a realistic airport, but a complete scenery package that is as realistic and immersive as technologically possible. I will soon record a short video demonstration flying around this scenery area in a helicopter, which will showcase these new features better than screen shots can. In the mean time, here are a few examples of recent progress.

[1] 

[2] 

[3]

[4] 

[5] 

[6] 

[7] 

[8] 

[9] 

[10] 

[11] 

[12]

[13]

Director
Site Administrator

Jerdoo

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks very promising Russ! Taking it to the next level with this!
Core i7 4770K OC @ 4.6Ghz | Corsair Hydro Series H100i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866Mhz OC | 512GB SSD | 1TB HDD | MSI GTX 760 TF 2GD5/OC 2GB | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide 500R
Mr.RockoutLoud

Reply with quote  #3 
Stunning, simply stunning. I think these shots have rendered me speechless. Can't wait to see the scenery in action!

Head Reviewer at FlightSimGlobal.com

i7-2600K TB 4.6ghz - Asus GTX580 1.5gb - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM - 2x 1tb 7,200 RPM HDD - Corsair H100 - P8P67LE motherboard - 750w PSU - HAF 912

theflyingdutchman

Reply with quote  #4 
Russ, you've raised the bar yet again!
BruceU

Reply with quote  #5 
Fantastic Russ !!! Keep up the excellent work...looking forward to purchasing.

BruceU
flyultimate

Reply with quote  #6 
These "teasers" are splendid.

This project looks outstanding from what you have shown us to date.

Keep up the great work and look forward to pulling out the "ole" wallet.

Cheers,

Jim
Max Pilot

Reply with quote  #7 
Very like

Best regards, MAX

streichholz

Reply with quote  #8 
Oh my gosh. This is amazing! [crazy]

Do I see a sloped runway here? 
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #9 
The runway is not sloped, the whole area around MBS International is very flat.

Director
Site Administrator

britfrog

Beta Tester
Reply with quote  #10 
I think all those pics are amazing ,
may i make a small observation?
looking at the same housing estate in google i think the grass colour you have used could be a shade or two lighter, more light green
other than that spot on m8

[beta tester]
Sim Version:FSX, FSX Acceleration

• Op System:Windows 7(64), Windows 8
  • CPU:I7 2600k o/c to 4.8ghz
  • GPU:MSI GTX 660TI 3gb gddr5 twin frozr
  • Ram:16gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz
  • Mother Board:gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
  • Hard Disks:1x3tb samsung - 3x 1 tb western digital caviar black - 1 500gb hitachi
  • FSX setup for IFR, FSX setup for VFR, FSX setup for experiments, L.M.P3D Professional,

jrrbolkin

Reply with quote  #11 
Looks fantastic so looking forward to this and hopefully many more to come.
Good luck and I for one am in.
Gary
Max Reverse

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Russ,
that by far, the very best I have seen in Scenery design. Its awesome who you use the available technique to get this results.
Thank you and all the best for your venture.

Werner
EDDN, Germany
psykie

Reply with quote  #13 
Really Enjoying looking at all of these screen shots as I can't help but comment on all of them.  This really looks GREAT Russ.  Glad I found you from reading AirDailyX.

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
FoMoCo63

Reply with quote  #14 
The feeling we as pilots in FSX are going to get when coming into MBS will be exhilarating to say the least. Impressive work.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!