Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
I have been asked how much area the KMBS airport scenery package covers, so here is a map showing exactly the photo-real coverage area. All tree's, houses, buildings and vehicles within this whole scenery coverage area are all custom HDX models, completely replacing the low definition standard autogen method of scenery object population.

Due to this new methodology, it is now possible to fly around the streets at ground level, seeing photo-real buildings and tree's and even see home owners cars parked in their drive ways!

I am also working on a new road traffic system which will use the new WDS HDX vehicles, to follow realistic driving routes, even going from people's home's to the shops and back etc. I have even contemplated random events such as a police car chase or emergency response to an traffic incident etc. This could lead to some nice mission possibilities such as piloting a helicopter to provide news coverage of these events etc. Just brainstorming ideas at the moment, and this may not make it into the initial release, but I would like to get the system working fully at some point and offer it as a later update.

Click on the image below to enlarge

[KMBScoverage] 

Director
Site Administrator

Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice! Would you ever consider releasing/developing mesh to accompany airports in the future? something a bit more realistic that ftx global and default?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #3 
I will probably not offer any dedicated mesh solutions other than specific corrections around airports. Having said that, I am toying with an idea for an upcoming airport package with a difference, featuring a complete custom high density mesh, but this would likely be a one off, stand alone package due to it's characteristics.

Director
Site Administrator

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!