Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
After the first 'sneak peak' screenshot of the inside of the terminal a little while back, here are a selection of screenshots showing the inside of the terminal now completed.

The outside of the terminal will be previewed when the external textures have been mapped and the jetways are in place.

These screenshots represent a huge amount of work, and working to this level of extra detail has put me behind the original release estimate for MBS. However, from these images you can see that looking into the terminal through the glass walls while at a gate, will be an experience like you have never had before in a flight sim.

[1] 

[2] 

[3] 

[4] 

[5] 

[6] 

[7] 

[8] 

[9] 

[10] 

[11]

Director
Site Administrator

Ripcord

Reply with quote  #2 

Russ, I'd say you are about done with this project, sir!  Get this thing uploaded so we can start sending in our cash!

To say it looks great would be like stating the totally obvious, so instead I will just point out that I have never seen anything like this in ANY simulator, ever.  I feel like I've now actually BEEN to this airport.

Stunning.
MikeD

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, this looks like it was pre-rendered in a 3D modelling program. Amazing work!
Jocko Flocko

Reply with quote  #4 
It looks absolutely fantastic Russ, the attention to detail is absolutely incredible. I was always a big fan of your past work and I'm really looking forward to some new content in a different part of North America, especially since I live on one of the Great Lakes, Lake Huron, Georgian Bay. [smile]
PWJT8D

Reply with quote  #5 
Stunning... brilliantly stunning.
robccx

Reply with quote  #6 
I am truly amazed at your work. It is incredible. I can not wait for this to be released. I really think you set a new standard.

VATSIM1068863
Titan

Reply with quote  #7 
Truly amazing. I shudder to think of the hours to create this. Well done.
cabnz1

Reply with quote  #8 
Wow, wow, wow!  Absolutely amazing! I can't wait for this one Russ.

Cheers,

Craig [smile]
moonman_3rd

Reply with quote  #9 
This is looking amazing Russ! WOW! WOW! WOW!
What a fantastic piece of airport scenery design!
Almost like the real thing!
AMAZING!

One question though - i am sure You have been weighing up very carefully which platform(s) You will be releasing Your sceneries for, but i nevertheless want to ask, so:
Do You have any future plans to try out this and other forthcomming sceneries from Yours also in X-Plane and/or even platfoprms such as Outerra sometime ahead?
Sure, X-Plane already is a solid flightsim, whereas Outerra on the other hand would more likely be some kind of "test-run" or "trial and error-undertaking" by now - yet worth to be checked out maybe as Your highly detailed work really deserves a solid state-of-the-art engine/platform underneath to run on.
Now this is just a question of mere interest Russ and i really do not expect a obligatory answere to it at all, so i hope it is okay to raise this question here.
And yes, before i forget ... worl in progress, but progressing really well currently and looking very good already:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434517-an-interesting-future-for-outerra/page-34

Anyways, i will be most happy fliyng into Your fantastic KMBS in FSX as soon as it is available!
Superb work!

Director
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for your interest everyone.

To answer your question Christoph, certainly for the meantime WDS developments will be released for FSX and P3D only. It would be foolish of me to say at this stage that I would not develop for any other simulator, so there is a possibility that other platforms may be included in the line up at some point. The reason that will not happen for a while, if at all, is because I am not familiar with other simulators and am unaware of the development routines and methods necessary to bring 3rd party developments into those other simulators. All my experience so far has been in the development of FSX and P3D based products, so while WDS is finding it's feet in this market, i'll be sticking to what I know.  

Director
Site Administrator

moonman_3rd

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White
Thanks for your interest everyone.

To answer your question Christoph, certainly for the meantime WDS developments will be released for FSX and P3D only. It would be foolish of me to say at this stage that I would not develop for any other simulator, so there is a possibility that other platforms may be included in the line up at some point. The reason that will not happen for a while, if at all, is because I am not familiar with other simulators and am unaware of the development routines and methods necessary to bring 3rd party developments into those other simulators. All my experience so far has been in the development of FSX and P3D based products, so while WDS is finding it's feet in this market, i'll be sticking to what I know.  

Thank You very much Russ for Your honest answer - highly appreciated - and Your considerations are absolutely understandable!
We will sonner or later find out anyways what the future will be holding for us dedicated flightsimmers. As long though as FSX is suitable for our needs and with P3D being continuosly developed, there is not that much to be worried about at all anyways.
So - back on topic:
KMBS is looking fantastic and i am very much looking forward to its release!
[smile]

Reply with quote  #12 
Will the Great Lake sceneries take advantage of ORBX Libs? If not will they have any similar flows like some of ORBX airports? Either way KMBS is looking awesome!
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi,

No OrbxLibs here, OrbxLibs are property of Orbx which is a different company and not in any way associated with WDS. White Digital Simulations has been created from scratch using all new custom created library content for it's airports and surrounding scenery, so yes there is an equivalent to OrbxLibs in use, which will also be previewed when the outside of the airport is ready to show.

Director
Site Administrator

machie

Reply with quote  #14 
Fantastic---I will be a buyer on the first day this program add-on is for sale--what a visual treat--time for people to learn how to fly the great commuter aircraft and become Great lakes experts--add these quality airports to some mega earth sceneries and "now your talking"!!!
flyingleaf

Reply with quote  #15 
Wow Russ. Unbelievable realism. Can't wait. Congrats on you new Company. 
Russell Linn

Reply with quote  #16 
Awesome work, Russ. Very nice interior lighting!
britfrog

Beta Tester
Reply with quote  #17 
I am quite disappointed really as the conveyor belts dont move [smile]

[beta tester]
Sim Version:FSX, FSX Acceleration

• Op System:Windows 7(64), Windows 8
  • CPU:I7 2600k o/c to 4.8ghz
  • GPU:MSI GTX 660TI 3gb gddr5 twin frozr
  • Ram:16gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz
  • Mother Board:gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
  • Hard Disks:1x3tb samsung - 3x 1 tb western digital caviar black - 1 500gb hitachi
  • FSX setup for IFR, FSX setup for VFR, FSX setup for experiments, L.M.P3D Professional,

jrrbolkin

Reply with quote  #18 
Epic stuff,a whole new world of excellence is on the horizon.
Gary
Syzygy

Reply with quote  #19 
Just catching up with all the posts on your Forum Russ. The previews of your work are just astounding.
I am really looking forward to your future releases.

Regards,
Roger
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #20 
Thanks for all your supportive comments. Creating an entire self contained scenery product like this is a huge task when you're flying solo, so it's nice to know there is some interest [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

spirit_66

Reply with quote  #21 
Hi Russ,
waiting to get your outstanding work. Never saw such incredible previews for the FS.
Keep on going
Spirit
psykie

Reply with quote  #22 
Hello Russ

WOW, looks GREAT!!  I just signed up for your forum and came across your website on AirDailyX and I'm really looking forward to KMBS.  I'm a bizz jet flyer so I hope you model their FBO as well as you do the Terminal.  Love these medium size airports Russ.  Thanks and looking forward to this airport!!!

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #23 
What computer specs are you running that generated the preview shots?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #24 
It's a one year old PC, Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz with 16GB of RAM running Windows 7 64bit. A standard off-the-shelf home PC, nothing special.

Director
Site Administrator

Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #25 
That's reassuring for the majority, do you know what graphics card it runs?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!