Director
Reply with quote  #26 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Director
Site Administrator

psykie

Reply with quote  #27 
Russ

Everything is looking GREAT!!!!   The interior of the terminal is amazing and I like the time spent on the seasonal and local vegetation.  I know you LOVE this question but, let's get this mastery of art released.  How much longer Russ?  [thumb]

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #28 
Thanks for your support Matthew, I had hoped to have it released months ago, but I am aiming for a first quarter release now.

Director
Site Administrator

psykie

Reply with quote  #29 
Glad to hear it!!  I could be way off base here but, I know when you put a lot of time into something you want it to be perfect.   However, you could spend the rest of your life making it perfect.  There is always a "change," an "improvement/upgrade", or you want to try that "new technique" that will make it juuust a little bit better.  At some point you have to let it GO!.  OK, having said that I'm glad to hear its almost done!  But, like I said I could be off base here.

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #30 
It is certainly a true statement, and it's an easy pitfall to end up in when you have no deadline enforced by a contract with a publisher etc. However with KMBS, it still has some major assets outstanding which are being worked on, and a release is not possible until these are complete. Currently the major assets that still needing completion are: the ground poly (high detail runway, taxi-way and apron textures) the AFCAD, night lighting, taxi-way signage, automatic seasonal change technology to be implemented fully, jetways, seasonal photo-real work, compatibility options, and placement of Core library objects. Lots of those things are very time consuming jobs so it's a case of getting them done properly, one by one. Then there is some more coding required to complete the control panels and installer package, and things like the user manual etc so it all adds up.

Director
Site Administrator

LorenzoMarcello.Brunazzo

Reply with quote  #31 
Many thanks Russ for your answers..have you got some more preview pics about the main apron with the terminal? i think we are all waiting them!
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #32 
I cannot show the main terminal from outside until the ground poly textures are finished, if I were to show it at this stage you would just see the terminal sat on a plain grey untextured surface. My policy is not to show work in progress, I only show screenshots of things that are finished and as they will appear in the final product.

Director
Site Administrator

psykie

Reply with quote  #33 
Thank You Russ for that update.  I WILL be patient!!! But, hurry up!! LOL Juuust teasing. [smile]

Matthew

michiganftbllfan

Reply with quote  #34 
I live around 15 minutes or so from MBS. And to be honest, from the screenshots you posted of the terminal interior, it looks EXACTLY identical to the actual one! You are doing one hell of a job with this. But I'd like to see this scenery be released soon. And will it be free? I'm hoping it won't be payware lol
michiganftbllfan

Reply with quote  #35 
Oh! And just an idea, if you know what the Dow Corporate jets look like (2 CRJ-700s painted Red and White, aka Dow Chemical colors), will you be adding them to the tarmac? The passengers (usually workers at, for, or related to Dow Chemical) go to/from the plane via the AvFlight building.

Also, what have you done (with) regarding the old terminal on the opposite side of the new one? I'm just really interested since this is my hometown airport.

One more thing (lol), will the drop-off/pick-up area outside the terminal include the signs that display flight details?

Thanks again!
LorenzoMarcello.Brunazzo

Reply with quote  #36 
Hi Russ! are there some news about this project? we are all waiting for it! But first of all, how are you?[smile]
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #37 
I am fine thank you, the KMBS project and indeed all WDS development has had to give way to independent contract work this year. However, I hope to be able to return to finish KMBS and continue WDS developments in the coming months.  [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

hadoken

Reply with quote  #38 
Russ, you're the man! I just bought a bunch of your old sceneries during the Orbx sales. The work that you did on CZST is insane! If the stuff that you've worked on in the past is an indication of what we can expect from WDS, then these Great Lake projects will be a game changer.

I hope KLAN and KFNT is somewhere in the mix. I can only imagine the quality you could produce with our capitol city and KLAN.
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks for your feedback [smile] CZST was a LONG time ago, takes me back a few years... it would be nice to do such a small airport again some time, they allow incredible attention to detail due to their tiny size, but they are a big gamble, small airports tend not to sell very well as they only cater for a particular part of the market.

Director
Site Administrator

Wdsxtreme

Reply with quote  #40 
Excellent work!
Kilstorm

Reply with quote  #41 
When you created these shots, there was no P3Dv3 Avatar mode...now that there is, users will be able to hopefully walk all around the terminal as well as see whats going on inside when at the gate.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!