Register Calendar Latest Topics

Poll Results

Do you own AND use a MegaScenery Earth package in the Great Lakes area of North America?
 Yes, i own AND use MSE in the Great Lakes area and would therefore like an option in WDS airports to blend with this scenery. 11 29%
 No, I either dont own MSE or dont use it around the Great Lakes area, so I wont use that blend option with WDS airports. 26 70%
 View Voters
Total votes: 37   Please or register an account to vote.

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
WDS airport development strategy currently has 2 blending options for the user to choose from:

- Default = the airport photo-real ground textures are colour matched to, and blend seamlessly with default scenery.

- Global = the airport photo-real ground textures are colour matched to, and blend seamlessly with FTX Global scenery.

The question is, should there be a third blending option for those who own the MegaScenery Earth package around the great lakes?

It is obviously a lot of work to make extra instances of an airport to match different surrounding sceneries, so to justify a MegaScenery Earth compatibility option with WDS airports i'm looking for feedback from the community.

Please log your opinion in the poll above, if there is a large enough MSE user base in the Great Lakes area then it will make sense to include MSE compatibility with WDS airports.

Over to you [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

PC Aviator

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks like a good chance to get some quality airports made to blend in with MSE textures. Russ, just yell if you need any assistance from our side on this.
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Dean, will do [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

PC Aviator

Reply with quote  #4 
Russ,

I put up a post over at the MSE forums directing readers to this poll.

Dean
Bruce

Reply with quote  #5 
I reckon this will be a commercial decision, how many prospective users are using MSE as opposed to Global.
Would be nice, but, as you say a lot of additional work.
I dont have MSE for that area, only SOCAL
MikeT707

Reply with quote  #6 
It would be great to see a blending with photoreal scenery.
kevinfirth

Reply with quote  #7 
Yes please, I can't bear default, and won't use Global, so I'd get a photoscenery to use, or else I would unfortunately give Great Lakes a miss [frown] Cheers K
tttocs

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Russ.

Kind of a chicken and egg thing here for me.  I don't use FTX global and prefer to fly in full-fat Orbx regions, but if they're not available for an area I use photo (MSE v2 and in the SW some Blue Sky).   The photo I buy is dependent, at least in part, on having good airports available, as I can't abide default airports in photoscenery.

The MSE I currently have only covers a portion of the Great Lakes region, but again chicken and egg.  If there were more good regional airports available, I'd fly the region more and expand.

Thanks for the request for feedback!

Scott
PC Aviator

Reply with quote  #9 
On the plus side (for development time to integrate), there is only one "season" to blend into with MegaSceneryEarth, so it may not be as much work as originally thought. Being able to market to the widest possible audience is always a good idea too. This ensures your product is of interest to as many eyes (and wallets or purses) as possible [smile]
Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #10 
Would it also be possible to convince blue sky to do photoreal for Michigan or this area?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #11 
From my point of view, the less photo-real packages there are for me to provide compatibility with, the easier and quicker it is for me to develop sceneries. So increasing the number of providers of photo-real in a given area is not ideal for scenery designers who wish to provide compatibility options such as WDS.

Director
Site Administrator

Penzoil3

Reply with quote  #12 
Global ! [rolleyes]
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #13 
Default and FTX Global compatibility options will come as standard [smile]

Director
Site Administrator

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!