Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Blackrat

Reply with quote  #1 
Well hats off to you Russ, it must be exciting starting up a new business although a certain amount of trepidation must be creeping in too.

Just keep the quality of the work as good as you did at Orbx and I'm certain that people will come flocking to purchase your airports.

I must say the choice of the great lakes is excellent, it'll remind my of my first foray into flight simming at Meigs Field, Chicago as most of the more mature simmers will remember. [smile]

Best of luck to you mate.

Mick

Director
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks very much for your kind words and support Mick, it certainly has not been easy getting the online infrastructure setup and coding my own software etc, indeed it's both exciting and a little worrying at the same time [smile]

i'll keep these forums updated regularly with development previews etc so stay tuned!

Director
Site Administrator

Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #3 
Will WDS be affected by the EU vat regulation?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #4 
This is a good question. From my investigations WDS sales processes will not be directly complicated by these new laws as WDS will not be hosting the selling of it's products direct to the market place, rather WDS products will be sold from a selection of online stores. It will be the responsibility of the online store to account for the VAT as it is with them that the sale is being processed. The quote below is taken from an HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) spokesman, during an interview with the Guardian news on November 25th 2014.

The HMRC spokesperson says that most micro-businesses, such as developers of apps or digital downloads, trade through a third party platform or marketplace, like an app store.

“Where this happens it will be the responsibility of the marketplace operator to account for the VAT. As a result the vast majority of micro-businesses are unlikely to be affected by the changes,” adds the spokesperson.

Director
Site Administrator

Happywarrior

Reply with quote  #5 
Thats great to hear! Would hate to see WDS close as a result of VAT. Is WDS likely to be sold on FSS?
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #6 
Yes, I have already spoken with Adrian from FSS and they are lined up as one of the online stores that will sell WDS products. The others at this stage being: Aerosoft, Sim Market and PCAviator.

Director
Site Administrator

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!