KGRR 34 13%
 KDAY 14 5%
 KFNT 18 7%
 CYXU 27 10%
 KROC 26 10%
 KSYR 21 8%
 CYOW 35 13%
 View Voters
Multiple choice poll. Total votes: 252   Please or register an account to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
The following map shows the locations and ICAO codes of airports in the Great Lakes area that are potential WDS development material based on size and other criteria. Please use the poll options above, to indicate which of these you would most be interested in. The results of this poll will be used to steer the development road map for the Great Lakes series, multiple selections are allowed. KMBS is marked in green as it is currently under development, and is there to indicate it's location relevant to the other suggested airports. Your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome below. 

[GLmap]

Director
Site Administrator

Titleist7897

Reply with quote  #2 
List looks great! Would KCAK ever fall into future plans?
ramops

Reply with quote  #3 
How can people like SAR23 vote on multiple airports??; Please let this be FS9..
wideloadwhitford

Reply with quote  #4 
Great selection! I'll take them all. [smile]
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #5 
I have enabled multiple selections on votes as i am aware each person may wish to highlight several airports.

Unfortunately FS9 is not supported, and i dont have any plans to support it due to it's age. FSX and P3D are the supported platforms.

KCAK looks like a good candidate too, it must have fallen outside of my initial search, as i am sure many others have too. But i need to be realistic about just how many airports i can make in X amount of time. However, if some of the already listed airports turn out to be unpopular, they could easily be substituted for airports like KCAK and similar.

Director
Site Administrator

SAR23

Reply with quote  #6 
Ramops you should try read the original post "The results of this poll will be used to steer the development road map for the Great Lakes series, multiple selections are allowed." So I voted for all the airports I have a personal connection to or would like to see the most.
egs1019

Reply with quote  #7 
Would LOVE to see KROC!!
Tino

Reply with quote  #8 
Good afternoon,

My first post here on the forums. It's great to see a new project in the works! I am truly excited to see such a talented individual tackle one of the most beautiful parts of North America. I grew in Thunder Bay ON. Completed flight school in Sault Ste. Marie Ont, (Hope you add that airport to your list one day) and also lived in London Ontario for about 1 year prior to moving to the west coast. 

I am very excited! You already have a supporter [wink]

Cheers,

Tino.
PWJT8D

Reply with quote  #9 
What great news! Being a born and raised Michigander this obviously has me very pleased. And I would like to thank you Russ for tackling this project and I wish you all the luck with development.

MBS I think is a really good airport to start off with. It most definitely will be a purchase for me and I will get plentiful use out of it. If I may, there are a few airports I think should be considered. 

KTVC Traverse City
KCMX Houghton County
KSAW Sawyer International
KYIP Willow Run
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #10 

Thanks for your support.

Of the 4 airports you mention KTVC fits the criteria the most, like with KCAK above, it is a worthy alternative should any airport on the current list be substituted.

Director
Site Administrator

altstiff

Reply with quote  #11 
Hello Russ. Nice to see you on your own.

I voted for CYOW as it is a busy little hub and fits nicely with Fly Tampa's CYUL/CYYZ. Lots of action at CYOW.

Looking forward to Saginaw (great place to take a G/A flight to/from)
altstiff

Reply with quote  #12 
BTW, it is only letting me vote once!
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #13 
The poll only allows each forum member to vote once, but during that vote you are able to select more than one airport before pressing the "vote now" button.

Director
Site Administrator

jc2231

Reply with quote  #14 
Hello Russ,

Congrats on your new venture and best of luck.  What criteria do you use when selecting airports and does CYTZ fall within your criteria?
marvic

Reply with quote  #15 
Russ CYOW is being made by another developer. CYQT really needs you help.
Sundog

Reply with quote  #16 
I would love to eventually see KGYY added, as it's the airport Boeing is flying out of here, but it's under construction (Lengthened runway, new hangers, etc.) and I doubt I could get approval to take pics, as Boeing is very sensitive about their hanger out there atm. But, you never know until you do and maybe you can eventually add this one on to the list. It's also the airport used in the first season of Airplane Repo, and I've seen that guy out there when the Chicago Air and Water show is going on. It's the airport a lot of the planes for the show operate from..
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #17 
The criteria i have set for airports initially is:

- capable of handling airliners
- not too large, nothing bigger than KDAY
- full facilities such as proper terminal(s), tower, jetways etc
- not in or next to a huge city

So unfortunately CYTZ breaches most of the above.

Director
Site Administrator

MikeD

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvic
Russ CYOW is being made by another developer. CYQT really needs you help.

It seems that Aerofile's CYOW has taken a long time and who knows if it will ever be completed.
MikeD

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc2231
Hello Russ,

Congrats on your new venture and best of luck.  What criteria do you use when selecting airports and does CYTZ fall within your criteria?

There is a freeware CYTZ in development. Also, Orbx has CYTZ as part of it's FTX Global Freeware airports.
GlennH

Reply with quote  #20 
I voted CYOW but also would love to see KSYR

this was before I realized you can vote for more than one!
marvic

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc2231
Hello Russ,

There is a freeware CYTZ in development. Also, Orbx has CYTZ as part of it's FTX Global Freeware airports.

Well, I know the developer and it is going ahead. All we need is 2 CYOW's.

EDIT: Three. Simaddons as well!!!
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #22 
Aerofiles seems to be doing a nice job on CYOW, but it's been in development for years, i was unaware that progress was still being made and thought it had been shelved, hence my including CYOW in my list. It is a very popular airport and would nicely compliment the WDS Great Lakes series, so i'll keep it on my list.

Director
Site Administrator

ramops

Reply with quote  #23 
CYOW scenery in WDS quality would be great..
altstiff

Reply with quote  #24 
That is great news Russ!
marvic

Reply with quote  #25 
Thanks Russ. Ill wait for CYQT, have been for a long time. It appears I will be waiting longer. Done purchasing airports because they are there, no matter how great they are.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!