Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #1 
As promised, here's the video, it's a development video really but gives you an idea of how things look with this new grass and also how it makes flying low to the ground a whole lot more realistic.

Director
Site Administrator

Tino

Reply with quote  #2 
Russ,

What a fantastic video! I love how you were able to show the "dimension" within the sim world. This adds a whole new level of realism! Now I have an excuse to take out the helicopter. [wink]

Thanks for the preview video, what a masterpiece. 

Cheers, 
SAR23

Reply with quote  #3 
That looks absolutely amazing! Very nice work [smile]
cabnz1

Reply with quote  #4 
Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to get your first airport under your own brand [smile]
mutley

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow, 3D vegetation at it's best, I almost feel like getting my chopper out!

Superb demo Russ [thumb]
hhelikopter

Reply with quote  #6 

Hello,

Congratulation! Very nice product! These items are really important and required! I am flying with helicopters. These items making really spectacular and more realistic flying. I will enjoying better! It open a new world in FSX.

Thank you so much,

Zoltan

Mickey

Reply with quote  #7 
Hello Russ,

great work!!! I would love to get a grip on your test field in P3D2 [wink] As a virtual rotorhead i love the 3D grass alot. Im using alot of your sceneries and they are everytime a big immersion to me. Hope to see em in some time for P3D2.

Keep up your great work and thanks for sharing!

Reply with quote  #8 
Very good.

Best regards, MAX

Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #9 

All WDS products will be available for FSX and P3D [smile]

I am currently toying with the idea of releasing a demo area for MBS that will include a limited area of the PR fully annotated wit the new vegetation, so people can see what the fuss is about...

Director
Site Administrator

kevinfirth

Reply with quote  #10 
Russ, that grass and vegetation is beautiful. Innovation like this keeps simming fresh! Two questions if I may, one a little tongue in cheek, the other not [tongue] Would you ever consider licensing out permission to use your techniques to other airport devs in places you have no intention of developing in? And do all those individual blades of grass cast shadows in P3D2? [wink] Nice one! K
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #11 

Thanks very much.

I have no intention at this stage of licensing any of my IP to 3rd parties, though that may change in the future, I wont say never.

I have yet to do shadow performance testing with this grass, but i suspect due to the mass of it that I will disable it's ability to cast shadow for performance reasons. I'll be able to give a solid answer to this once it has been fully tested.  

Director
Site Administrator

kevinfirth

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks for that, I don't do much flying outside the UK really (limited time) but that grass may just tease me abroad a little, I'll look forward to seeing how it all develops, but it's really looking great! I'm sure you could leverage an increase in scenery demand with new features like this. Can you tell us what the specs are for the machine you recorded the vid on please? K
Russ White

Director
Reply with quote  #13 
Sure, it was recorded on a 3 year old intel Q6600 at 3.2Ghz, with a a 3 year old NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512MB graphics card and 8GB of system RAM.

Director
Site Administrator

Syzygy

Reply with quote  #14 
Looks terrific Russ. Exciting times, I am really looking forward to your first releases.

Thanks,
Roger
timest

Reply with quote  #15 
Simply genius my friend!

Reply with quote  #16 
It is clever people like yourself who contribute greatly to our sim experience. This all looks very exciting. Best wishes with this new venture Russ.  [thumb]
Bruce Hamilton

Reply with quote  #17 
Awesome video, Russ.  Looking forward to supporting your new venture.

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PC Aviator

Reply with quote  #18 
Excellent looking veges Russ. I don't mind seeing them when added sparingly and realistically as you mention in the video. Glad to see there is not any 8-foot weeds growing right next to terminals or taxiways as I have seen in some other sceneries. Realistically place the realistic-looking vegetation and grass, and you can't go wrong (IMO anyway) [smile]
dolf8857

Reply with quote  #19 
This is just unbelievable, AMAZING !!!!

Reply with quote  #20 
Wow this is something else, just cannot believe it! Must play that video again a few more times for it to sink in. Well done Russ you now have my full support[smile]

John
Michael Rose

Reply with quote  #21 
Russ,
All i can say is WOW!!!! Simply AWSOME can wait to purchase your products

Capt. Michael Rose
psykie

Reply with quote  #22 
Once Again Russ,  AWSOME!!  Even though I'm a bizz jet flyer I love realistic ground and vegetation scenes.  Its imply makes it all the more realistic when taxing around.  Once again I just found you via AirDailyX and you have a new customer.  I'm glad to know your making these airports in certain regions.  Love the great lakes area because of colder weather and seasons since I'm from Southern Cali.  VERY COOL!

Matthew

i7, 4770K OC to 4.5, 16GB 24000, Win 7-64 bit, with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti, FSX on an SSD.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!